HISTORY OF USTC
Overview of UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY CHITTAGONG (USTC)
University of Science & Technology Chittagong (USTC) (Bengali: বিজ্ঞান ও প্রযুক্তি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়, চট্টগ্রাম) is a first private university in Bangladesh. The university was established with the sponsorship of a private charity on May 13, 1989. Previously it was started as Institute of Applied Health Sciences (IAHS), later it was upgraded to USTC as a full phased university after the promulgation of the Private University Act, 1992. In January 2018 IAHS renamed as Dr Nurul Islam Memorial Institute of Applied Health Science.
UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY CHITTAGONG (USTC) envisions promoting professionals and excellent leadership catering to the technological progress and development needs of the country.
UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY CHITTAGONG (USTC) is committed to provide quality and excellent computer-based academic programs responsive to the emerging challenges of the time. It is dedicated to nurture and produce competent world class professional imbued with strong sense of ethical values ready to face the competitive world of arts, business, science, social science and technology.
“Quality shall be adhered to in conformity with the prescribed national and international standards of quality and excellence including those provided by the professional bodies and organizations. The University of Science and Technology Chittagong is committed to translate into actions the programs, projects and activities related to the sustainable delivery of quality management operation system. The students being the valued customers are the central focus of the university shall be provided with utmost care and attention to meet their primordial needs and future career success. In view of this commitment, the university shall exert best efforts to harmonize its action through collaboration, cooperation and consultation with every unit and components of the university.”
- ❏ Sustain development and progress of the university
- ❏ Continue to upgrade educational services and facilities responsive of the demands for change and needs of the society
- ❏ Inculcate professional culture among management, faculty and personnel in the attainment of the institution's vision, mission and goals
- ❏ Enhance research consciousness in discovering new dimensions for curriculum development and enrichment
- ❏ Implement meaningful and relevant community outreach programs reflective of the available resources and expertise of the university
- ❏ Establish strong networking of programs, sharing of resources and expertise with local and international educational institutions and organizations
- ❏ Accelerate the participation of alumni, students and professionals in the implementation of educational programs and development of projects designed to expand and improve global academic standards